Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Paranoia

Have I talked about paranoia before? I suppose that the messianic complex comes close to what I've been seeing lately, but some of this shit is bordering on a martyr complex which is described as being an 'exaggerated desire for self-sacrifice.' But honestly, there are some seriously straight-up paranoid people out there.

I'm not going to get into a lengthy description of what paranoia's all about, nor am I going to name names (we all remember what happened when I did that, well before all our current troubles began -- the simple naming of a name lead to a discussion I'd never have again, were I to have my druthers.) What I would like to do is urge some caution: those of you who would dedicate your lives to developing the most outrageous of conspiracy theories and then put yourself smack dab in the middle of the conspiracy, as a target or the subject are insane. There's no way around it. What would you say to the person who thinks the government is chasing him down with black helicopters, covering-up alien landings and implanting probes within our buttocks?

Also: if you donate money to a blogger, you're an idiot. That said, if you'd like to send some money to me, Archie Gait, I will not object...