Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mistaken Identities

My identity, once the subject of much debate, had mostly become the subject about which nobody cared. And frankly, that's the way I'd like to keep it.

However, on a recent post, Tom Westgard of the Rogers Park Rake stated that I am Tom Mannis of the Rogers Park Bench. At first I thought that this was just a baseless accusation/assumption, but in the comments section of that article Westgard states that Mannis actually admitted to being me.

This is not true. Don't you all remember? I'm Joe Moore. No wait, I'm Craig. No wait, I'm Charlie. Oh shit -- who am I?

Who am I? A friend of mine wants to know why you insist on wringing all the mysteries out of life. You haven't felt this way since before your parents told you about Santa Claus, or halfway through The Usual Suspects when you wondered who Keyser Soze was. Just leave well enough alone.

No comments: